Lemon Honey Tea
Sometimes it can be difficult to get kids to take remedies, especially if they are picky. I’ve never had a problem with getting my kids to take this one. As a bonus you can add gelatin to turn it into a gummy candy by placing 2 Tbs. gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water. Let sit while you prepare the tea. When the tea is ready add it to the gelatin mixture. Once it is incorporated place in molds or in a small pan. Refrigerate. Once cooled, remove from mold or cut into small pieces.
When making the lemon honey tea recipe you can also adapt it to your liking. Ginger and coconut oil can be wonderful additions but aren’t necessary. Both are beneficial for overcoming illness. Likewise, if you like more of a lemon flavor you can squeeze in the entire lemon or even use some lemon zest.
- Juice for 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- pinch of cayenne
- one knuckle of grated ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (optional)
- Boiling water to fill cup
- Heat water in pot or tea pot.
- Add lemon juice, ginger, honey, and coconut oil to tea cup.
- Let steep for a few minutes.
- Strain if desired.
- Add ground cinnamon, and cayenne.
- Sip slowly to soothe a sore throat or cough.
- If you don't mind more cinnamon and cayenne then add more.
- For kids it is best to keep cayenne at a minimum for obvious reasons. But put in as much as possible without destroying the flavor. As I drink mine, I continue to stir it. Cayenne has a tendency to settle to the bottom which can make that last swallow a bit of a surprise if you don't keep stirring as you drink.
You may also like:
Sore Throat Remedy Candy (coming soon)
Like this post? Please share it by:
Pinning it here!