These Keto Cheddar and Dill biscuits are packed with flavor and the perfect addition to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They are flaky and filling and really everything you want in a biscuit.
Low carb and gluten free
The perfect biscuit for whether you want low carb or not. These biscuits are packed with cheddar cheese and the flaky texture will have everyone surprised that they aren’t made with wheat.
To keep these biscuits low carb and gluten free they are made with almond flour. I’ll be honest there is something about alternative flours that often leaves you wanting, but not with this recipe. You may have to hold back from eating an entire batch.
Drop Keto Biscuit Dough
These cheddar and dill biscuits are also drop biscuits. This means instead of rolling out the dough and cutting it into circles, we can skip the floury surface mess and just drop them on the pan in dollops. This saves a ton of time and clean up.
Easy to save for later
Store these keto biscuits in the fridge. They are easy to warm up later on a skillet or in the microwave. You can also freeze them in a freezer bag for quick and easy breakfasts later. I love to double or triple a batch and freeze extras. I just pop a few keto cheddar and dill biscuits in the fridge the night before I want to eat them, and then they are quick and easy to heat up in the morning.
For the biscuit ingredients…
If you are looking for substitutions, I’ve got you covered. This recipe works well with cream cheese instead of yogurt. You can also sub in 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder if you are out of fresh garlic. Not interested in extra seasonings? Omit them all and you have a perfect cheesy biscuit.
Keto Cheddar and Dill Biscuits (Grain-free + Gluten-free)
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese sharp
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on low speed, whip the yogurt, egg, and salt together. Using a rubber spatula mix in the almond flour, then the baking powder.
- Mix in the cheese and seasonings.
- On prepared baking sheet, scoop out 8 dollops of dough dividing it equally. Do not flatten the dollops.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
I hope this recipe becomes a staple in your kitchen like it is in mine!