I can not tell a lie. I was dreaming of a smooth and creamy Andy’s mint. I wanted to create real food white chocolate goodness. But when my milk chocolate concoction was mixed up it just didn’t quite cut it. Maybe next time…
Although I failed at the goal of smooth white chocolate, it still tasted pretty good, so my vision changed… add peanut butter and chocolate and deliciousness was still achieved… not exactly minty, but these creamy chocolate peanut butter bars are pretty yummy. My kids certainly weren’t complaining.
- 1 C. Peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1/2 C. Coconut oil (like this)
- 1/2 C. Raw honey
- Melt cocoa butter in double boiler. Let cool until it begins to turn creamy colored. Mix in honey. Mix in coconut butter until well combined. Sometimes this takes a while depending on the temperture of your ingredients. Be patient. Spread mixture in bottom of square cake pan. Refrigerate until next layer is prepared.
- Using softened, or melted coconut oil, mix all ingredients until combined. Spread on top of first layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Using softened, or melted coconut oil, mix all ingredients until combined. Spread on top of second layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Cut and enjoy!