DIY Stretch Mark Cream
Looking for an inexpensive way to get rid of or prevent stretch marks? As a pregnant mama I wanted to experiment with some great oils that can help my skin stay looking great… and even get rid of or fade some of the stretch marks I already have.
So why is this DIY Stretch Mark Cream so great?
In this article we talked about numerous ways to prevent stretch marks. This is our serum that we love. Adjustments in diet are also a great way to help skin stay more elastic.
This recipe contains:
The first three ingredients form the base of the cream.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in vitamin e and antioxidants. Both effective against stretch marks.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil nourishes the skin very effectively. Fats in coconut oil prevent skin damage by nourishing the skin with fatty acids that do not easily oxidize (P.S. I find the best priced coconut oil at Vitacost…click here to get $10 off).
- Beeswax: Helps the skin absorb all the good oils. It moisturizes, protects, heals, and softens skin.
The following ingredients are all beneficial and can all be added or selectively added.
- Vitamin E oil: Vitamin E oil is beneficial because it is full of vitamin A and E which both encourage skin elasticity.
- Frankincense oil: This oil helps moisten the skin
- Gentle baby blend: (order here) Many of the essential oils used in this blend are used in elite cosmetics to improve skin. Two very beneficial ones for stretch marks include Lemon essential oil and lavender essential oil. Lemon essential oil can lighten the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Lavender Essential oil is extremely healing and nourishes broken or cracked skin. (Lemon and Lavender oil shown in picture… I’m still waiting for my gently baby blend…. so excited to add it later.
- Myrrh Oil: (order here) Myrrh Oil is very nourishing. The Arabian people believed it helped wrinkled, chapped, and dry skin.
- Rosehip seed oil: This oil is extremely effective against stretch marks. It has the ability to heal and lighten stretch marks and scars. Due to its content of trans-tenoic acid it firms the skin, lightens stretch marks, and keeps the skin well hydrated
- 1 C. Olive oil
- 1 C. Coconut oil
- 1/2 C. Beeswax
- 8 capsules vitamin E oil
- 8 drops Frankincense oil
- 8-10 Drops Gentle baby blend (or 4 drops each of lemon and lavender essential oil)
- 8 drops Myrrh
- 2 Tbs. Rosehip seed oil
- Place all ingredients in glass container. (I usually use a mason jar). Place entire jar in pot of water. bring to a boil.. Wait for wax and oils to melt. Remove from heat and stir occasionally until cooled.
- Do not get water in jar when heating!
Like this post? Please share it by:
Pinning it here!
DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. The Healthy Honeys may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this website.