Our spaghetti squash are on. Along with a lot of other really yummy squash. This week my husband was asking for hamburger helper…and conveniently he also loves spaghetti squash so I combined the two and here you go.
How to cook Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the ends of the spaghetti squash and then slice in half.
3. Scoop seeds out and place face down on cookie sheet.
4. Add about 1/4 inch of water to cookie sheet.
5. Let bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
6. Scrape out squash with a fork as shown above.
Cheesy Ground Beef
1 pound grass fed ground beef
2 C. grated cheddar cheese (Homemade cheese is delicious)
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
2 C. milk (preferably pastured, raw and organic)
2 Tbs. butter
1-2 Tbs. flour (for thickener) I used white bean flour but any would work.
Salt and pepper and garlic to taste
1. Place beef in pan. Add salt, pepper, and garlic. Brown meat.
2. Add butter, milk, and Parmesan cheese.
3. Slowly add grated cheddar cheese, whisking constantly until it melts.
4. Add 1 Tbs. flour and let simmer stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat.
Serve on top of the spaghetti squash. It’s delicious!