I recently shared this healthy hot cocoa recipe on my Instagram page because it is one of my favorite things. I created this recipe to be delicious, nourishing, and healing for the body. I’m a firm believer that if you’re going to eat it, it should serve you in as many ways as possible.
Healthy Hot Cocoa Ingredients
Collagen Hydroslate is in this recipe because I’m over thirty, am working on my gut health, and like that it helps balance blood sugar in this treat.
I use Dandy Blend to give the hot cocoa a fun mocha flavor as well as giving my liver some added support. Dandelion is an excellent aid for detoxing and supporting liver health.
Cinnamon is also great for blood sugar balance and is also great for immunity.
I use cacao instead of cocoa because it has more nutrients in this form. I also prefer the flavor of cacao.
- 2 Tbs. Collagen Hydroslate
- 2 Tbs. Dandy Blend
- 1-2 Tbs. Cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp. Real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- dash of cayenne powder (optional)
- dash of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Hot water
- Heat water in pot.
- Add all other ingredients to large mug.
- Pour water into mug and stir.
- This has a very dark chocolate flavor. For a more milky chocolate flavor add less cacao.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Golden Milk Tea Drink Mix Recipe
- Lemon Honey Tea Recipe (Cough & Sore Throat Remedy)
- Healthy Eggnog Recipe (non-alcoholic)