Percy Spencer invented the Microwave. He is the most commonly known person for inventing the Microwave even though there were more contributors.
Though most people know that microwave ovens actually use microwaves, the actual wave frequencies, people most likely don’t know what that really means.
Stop the Wave, Toss out the Microwave
2) Can cause microwave sickness.
3) Can create cancer causing agents.
- A study published in the November 2003 issue of The Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture found that broccoli “zapped” in the microwave with a little water lost up to 97 percent of its beneficial antioxidants. By comparison, steamed broccoli lost 11 percent or fewer of its antioxidants. There were also reductions in phenolic compounds and glucosinolates, but mineral levels remained intact.
- A 1999 Scandinavian study of the cooking of asparagus spears found that microwaving caused a reduction in vitamin C.
- In a study of garlic, as little as 60 seconds of microwave heating was enough to inactivate its allinase, garlic’s principle active ingredient against cancer.
- A Japanese study by Watanabe showed that just 6 minutes of microwave heating turned 30-40 percent of the B12 in milk into an inert (dead) form. This study has been cited by Dr. Andrew Weil as evidence supporting his concerns about the effects of microwaving. Dr. Weil wrote:
- “There may be dangers associated with microwaving food… there is a question as to whether microwaving alters protein chemistry in ways that might be harmful.”
- A recent Australian study showed that microwaves cause a higher degree of “protein unfolding” than conventional heating.
- Microwaving can destroy the essential disease-fighting agents in breast milk that offer protection for your baby. In 1992, Quan found that microwaved breast milk lost lysozyme activity, antibodies, and fostered the growth of more potentially pathogenic bacteria.
- Quan stated that more damage was done to the milk by microwaving than by other methods of heating, concluding:
- “Microwaving appears to be contraindicated at high-temperatures, and questions regarding its safety exist even at low temperatures.” (Source)
1. Microwaved foods lose 60 – 90% of the vital-energy field and microwaving accelerates the structural disintegration of foods.
2. Microwaving creates cancer-causing agents within milk and cereals.
3. Microwaving alters elemental food-substances, causing digestive disorders.
4. Microwaving alters food chemistry which can lead to malfunctions in the lymphatic system and degeneration of the body’s ability to protect itself against cancerous growths.
5. Microwaved foods lead to a higher percentage of cancerous cells in the bloodstream.
6. Microwaving altered the breakdown of elemental substances when raw, cooked, or frozen vegetables were exposed for even a very short time and free radicals were formed.
7. Microwaved foods caused stomach and intestinal cancerous growths, a general degeneration of peripheral cellular tissues, and a gradual breakdown of the digestive and excretive systems in a statistically high percentage of people.
8. Microwaved foods lowered the body’s ability to utilize B-complex vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotropics.
9. The microwave field next to a microwave oven caused a slew of health problems as well. (Source)
Now, I know there is a lot of controversy on this subject. Perhaps I am on the loco side and going beyond what is necessary to be healthy.
But, something tells me that microwaves aren’t natural. They weren’t here a hundred years ago and somehow food still was made. (I realize not everything a hundred years ago was perfect… I also realize not everything today is horrible. I was just saying for an example).
They do emit frequencies that have the potential to be harmful.
It does change the make-up of our food that is microwaved.
It can create a sickness.
That to me says “BEWARE!!! Do not allow in your home!!!”
That to me says, grandma’s right. Who needs a microwave?
And honestly my hubby and I don’t even miss the microwave. A little time management, patience, and effort and you can cook anything with out the microwave.
Like this post? Please share it by:
Pinning it here!
Photo courtesy: Freedigitalphotos.net