What to eat
1. Eat whole foods that come from nature. The closer to the source the better.
2. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat local produce where possible and in the season it’s grown. Shopping at a farmers market helps make this easier.
3. Eat 100% whole wheat and whole grains. Soak, sprout, or sour your grains.
4. Eat locally raised, grass-fed meats. (Free range chickens, grass-fed beef, and pork)
5. Eat dairy products; like milk, unsweetened yogurt, eggs, and cheese.
6. Eat seafood. (wild caught is better than farm raised)
7. Drink beverages like water, milk, naturally sweetened fruit or vegetable juices, or kefir.
8. Eat Nuts and seeds.
10. Eat healthy fats and oils. For cooking use lard, tallow, butter, coconut oil, or palm oil. When not heating use olive oil or avocado oil. Check out posts here and here.
11. Eat bone broth and gelatin.
12. Cultured foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut, cultured veggies, or lacto-fermented condiments.
Check out some of our real food recipes here.
What not to eat
1. Processed and refined grains such as white flour.
2. Refined or fake sweeteners such as sugar, corn syrup of any form, cane juice, or artificial sweeteners like splenda or aspartame.
3. Vegetable oil, peanut oil, canola oil, corn oil, and use Polyunsaturated fats in moderation. (like in eating nuts and seeds) Check out this post.
4. Anything with ingredients that you don’t recognize or over 5 ingredients on the label. Check out this post.