The other night I was looking for something packed with good veggies and easy to whip up. That’s when this idea was born. The Sweet potato crusted spinach quiche. I love sweet potatoes and the idea of a quiche sounded yummy but pie crust is pretty time consuming. So instead I just used the sweet potatoes as the crust and didn’t have a good pie dish so I put it in a casserole dish instead.
It turned out pretty yummy. I love the taste the sweet potatoes gave it. These could also be mashed or grated and used to make a different crust but I like the way it turned out.
The spinach and sweet potatoes are both power foods and are easy to include.
Enjoy this super fast and easy recipe.
Sweet Potato Crusted spinach quiche recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch spinache
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated mozarella
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Herbs to tast (dill, parsley, Chives)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Layer pie plate or casserole dish with potatoes. Add a dab of butter or olive oil to dish. Place in preheated oven on 400 degrees. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While that is cooking saute onion and garlic with a little oil in sauce pan. Add chopped spinach. Cook until soft. 4-5 minutes.
- In seperate bowl mix eggs, cheese, sour cream, and herbs.
- Add spinach mixture to bowl. add salt and pepper to taste.
- pour mixture over sweet potatoes. return to oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until quiche is firm.
Like this post? Please share it by:
Pinning it here: