Granola Cereal or Bars… Soaked Version
This granola recipe is so yummy. It is the perfect substitute for all those boxed sugary cereals. This recipe works as either granola cereal or granola bars. You can also mix things up a bit. You can change up the nuts you add. Instead of sunflower seeds, you could use pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or flax seeds…or whatever other seeds you like.
For the granola cereal you will want to break it up into chunks during cook time. You can store the cereal in a bags or in a glass jar for up to two weeks. You can also store it in the freeze much longer.
For the granola bars you will cut them into bars during cook time. These can be wrapped in saran wrap or stored in containers.
- 1 C. butter or Coconut oil (like this)
- 1 C. milk
- 2 C. filtered water
- 4 Tbs. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (like this)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (like this)
- 6 C. whole rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 C. chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews...etc.)
- 1 C. sunflower seeds
- 2 C. shredded coconut (like this)
- 1 C. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- In a pan melt butter with milk and filtered water. remove from heat. Add apple cider vinegar. In separate bowl mix oats, nuts, sunflower seeds, and salt. Poor liquid mixture over dry mixture and combine. Cover with seran wrap or a damp cloth and let sit overnight or 8-12 hours.
- After soaking is complete add honey, coconut, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well. Spread out on 2 greased cookie sheets. Bake at 250 degrees for 75 minutes. when it is cool enough to handle break into small chunks and flip over. Return to oven for another 75 minutes stirring occasionally.
- If making bars...instead of breaking into chunks cut into bars, flip over and return to oven.