Quinoa Protein Bars
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 large banana, peeled
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 scoops of Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp agave (optional)
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- In a food processor, add peanut butter, banana, dates, Chocolate Greens Powder, and agave (optional). Mix until smooth.
- In a medium bowl add the cooked quinoa and peanut butter mixture together. Add chia seeds and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with plastic wrap and pour mixture into dish.
- Spread until evenly distributed
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours
- Then remove from the dish and cut into squares
- Wrap individually and put back in the freezer until ready to eat
You can also roll the mixture into balls and freeze, or distribute mixture into muffin tins and freeze.
They need to be stored in the freezer and are best when eaten within a few minutes of removing.