A few weeks ago I visited my family’s house and my mom showed me her latest find which happened to be homemade zucchini chips. After looking at them skeptically I gave them a try and it was surprisingly yummy. Her favorite way to eat them is with hummus. I liked them by themselves so I am sure they could go with numerous things.
After visiting my mom and trying her dried zucchini chips I knew I had to give it a whirl too.
It is pretty simple and easy.
- Cutting board, Knife, Dehydrator
- Sea salt (This is the salt I use)
1) Have your zucchini of choice. Wash it. (The kind with stripes is the best flavor, but any kind will do)
2) Cut off the end and then cut slices about ¼ inch *Side Note* if you cut them too thin if you dehydrate them for too long they will be more leathery and less chip like
3) Once the zucchini is all cut up then go ahead and place onto the dehydrator racks.
4) Then sprinkle the salt onto the cut up slices as desired. ( I didn’t do a lot on mine because I am not a huge salty fan)
5) Place the racks onto the Dehydrator and depending on how much time and effort you want to put in you can put it on the lowest setting and leave it all night and into the morning (so about 12 hours) or you can turn up the heat watching it a little bit more closely and cut down the time. Also if you don’t have a dehydrator and no one to borrow one from you can do these in the oven by turning it on to its lowest setting and then check them every hour or so until they are dry enough for you.
6) For storage you can place them in a canning jar and just put a lid on them and call it good!
Simple, easy, and straight to the point! I hope you enjoy these and have fun experimenting! If you have done these before and have any tips or fun facts we would love to hear about it!
Interested in more zucchini or squash recipes!? Here’s a few for you to check out!